The girls ate over 100 cheesecakes during the shows 7 year run but in reality Rue hated cheesecake.
As much love that I hold for the Girls, I still can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get the full collection. Time and time again I go to the Girls for comfort or just to unwind after a long day. I will always treasure anything GG themed that keeps their memory alive.
Rose– Sweet Loops, Elderberry & Blue Cotton Candy
Before this melt I wasn’t sure what elderberry smelled like. Now I know and it is kicking tail in this blend! Berrylicious with swirls of airy cotton candy. Childlike and playful with the added candy fragrance which represents Rose’s innocence perfectly yet still somehow keeping it classy and fresh.
Rose Fun Fact:
- Betty and Rue would leave each other puzzles and riddles on the bulliten board that hung in the kitchen for each other to solve. Both women were very competitive.
- Nothing Betty says in her St. Olaf language/gibberish is real. That’s exactly what it is, gibberish. Though she has a way of selling it and making us believe it is a true language.
Besides Sophia, Rose is probably my favorite character on GG.
Blanche– Downey, and sweet lollipops
A patchouli blend? Wha? Yes I know. But I had to have the full set. It wouldn’t have been the same with just three of the girls. Though on cold it’s actually nice. I don’t get much patchouli. It’s a nice laundered, crisp sweet melt. I can’t wait to give this one a go. Laundry was a nice touch for our lovely B.E.D.
Blanche Fun Facts:
- Rue was found asleep in many different places on set.
- Rue had a clause written into her contract that she be allowed to keep all of Blanche’s custom-made clothing. It was enough clothing to fill 13 closets.
Dorothy– Cactus & Sea Salt, Camu Camu & Guava
So fresh. Usually I’m not much of a cactus and sea salt fan though the ripe, juicy Guava stands strong alongside the camu camu giving this melt a fruity sea breeze type mixed with almost a shampoo type. I could see this being a fragrance ole Dorothy herself could be caught wearing.
Dorothy Fun Fact:
- Bea’s ears arent pierced so all of the earrings she wore on set were clip-ons that would leave her ears numb by the end of taping.
- Bea didn’t get along with her other co-workers. After the show ended she didn’t stay in touch.
Ma– Honeydew Melon, Chamomile & Strawberry Slices
More subtle than the other girls melts which doesn’t fit Sophia’s firecracker personality. Though I do love this one. The honeydew is so watery and crisp and the strawberry slices smell exactly like you would expect with its black seeds and all! I always say that if you can ‘smell the seeds in a strawberry melt, you know it’s a good, true strawberry.
Sophia Fun Fact:
- It took forty-five minutes in make-up for Estelle Getty to get into character of Sophia
- Estelle Getty suffered from intense stage fright that would often lead her to freeze on camera.
All in all I am impressed with this collection and think the clams are, “Just lovely” With the simple palm tree to their vibrant colors.
Are you a big Golden Girls Fan? Who is your favorite Gal? Let me know!